Daily brushing is the best and most effective form of home dental care.
• Best long-term prevention for dental disease
• Mechanical removal of plaque
• Cleans the entire mouth
• Get to know your pet’s mouth
• Some pets will find it hard to tolerate their teeth being brushed
• Will require commitment, and a certain amount of time each day
DENTAL CARE DIETS
Premium pet foods are specially designed to clean teeth while providing them with a
complete balanced diet.
• Clinically proven to reduce plaque, stain and tartar build up
• 100% money back guarantee with premium food companies
• Kibble scrubs away plaque in the mouth
• Easy daily treatment to prevent dental disease
• Some pets don’t chew their food
TREATS AND CHEWS
Large hard products such as Greenies, pig’s ears, snouts and raw bones encourage pets
• Chewing action aids in the removal of plaque via physical rubbing
• Easy way to provide some dental care that your pet will enjoy
• Treats such as pig’s ears should only be given twice a week to reduce the chance of
• Bones can be a choking hazard and can cause an obstruction.
• Extra care must be given when offering your pet bones and given under supervision
• Not all teeth get cleaned as animals generally chew on one side
Washes used daily help reduce plaque and bacteria. Many include disinfectants that kill
bacteria, others also include chemicals that help break down tartar and prevent plaque
attaching to the tooth surface.
• Very easy to use
• Decreases bacteria and smelly breath
• Some animals may realise the difference and not drink the water
• No mechanical action